|7×7 Cascading Grid
|27th January 2023
Potion Spells Demo Free Play
Potion Spells Gameplay
Potion Spells is a cascading video slot from BGaming. A magical blend of cluster pays and random progressive features, can you fill the pot and brew a winning recipe? Potion Spells is the second cluster pays slot from BGaming and a colourful twist on the studio’s debut entry into the genre, Gangsterz.
- Cluster Pays: Wins formed by groups of 5+ symbols, horizontally or vertically adjacent in ‘clusters’
- Cascading Symbols: Winning symbols disappear to be replaced by a cascade of existing and new ones
- Big Symbol: 2×2 symbols with an x2 multiplier
- Backlit Symbol: Randomly chosen low-paying symbol types with emerging wilds after wins
- Second Chance: Adds wild symbols at random after a non-winning spin
- Progress Bar: Collects winning symbols and triggers a random special feature for every 25 collected
- Detonation: Turns 3 – 6 symbols wild, destroying four symbols around each to trigger a cascade
- Reduction: Removes all low-paying symbols, triggering a cascade
- Separation: Creates a wild in the centre position, which spreads matching symbols or wilds in diagonal lines across the grid
- Promotion: Turns a randomly chosen low-paying symbol type into another of a higher value
- The Pot: Triggered upon completion of the progress bar, The Pot is a 3×3 wild placed at random, followed by two 2×2 wilds on the following cascade, and nine standard wilds on the cascade thereafter
On each spin, symbols fill the 7×7 grid. Five or more matching symbols, horizontally or vertically adjacent, will form a cluster win. Winning symbols explode from view, triggering a cascade of existing and new ones from above. This action can create new wins, in which case, the process repeats until no more clusters form. In addition, a low-paying symbol type is chosen to have backlit positions. Backlit symbols that form cluster wins leave two wilds upon disappearing.
What’s more, 2×2 symbols can appear with an x2 win multiplier attached. More than one big symbol multiplier in a win will act multiplicatively. Working in conjunction with the cascading symbols and cluster pays, a progress bar collects winning symbols. Upon collecting 25 symbols, a Detonation, Reduction, Separation or Promotion feature is triggered, and filling the bar will trigger The Pot.
Although a minimum of five symbols form a cluster win, the maximum reward will come from clusters of 15+ symbols. Blue and purple potions represent the low-paying symbols, and matching 15+ awards 3x your stake. The mid-payers appear as red and green potions, awarding 10x your bet for matching 15+ symbols. Lastly, matching fifteen or more eye, feather, toadstool or frog symbols, will pay from 75x to 750x your bet.
Fill the progress bar to trigger The Pot feature, which follows four random features awarded along the way. The Pot is a 3×3 wild symbol placed in a random position to crown the spin when no more wins occur. Notably, this will guarantee a win and trigger two 2×2 wild symbols for the cascade that follows, and, in turn, nine individual wilds on the cascade thereafter.
In available jurisdictions, you can use the Bonus Buy feature and pay 100x your chosen bet to complete the progress bar and trigger The Pot feature.
Potion Spells – Final Thoughts
Though not as common as the ‘Book’ slot phenomenon, cascading slots spurred by the random features of a progress bar are not hard to find. Since Play’n GO’s Reactoonz debuted in 2017, many game developers have followed suit, mimicking the blueprint, whilst adding their unique styles or twists.
And while Potion Spells is almost identical to BGaming’s Gangsterz, and not too far removed from the game that inspired them all, more choice for players is always welcome. Furthermore, Potion Spells is a viable alternative with a respectable RTP (Return To Player) for a witchcrafty change of scenery, when others may seem disinclined to deliver, or be hard to find with the right RTP.